November 11, 2013

Note From Ronnie Middleton

I sent Ronnie Middleton an email soon after Typhoon Haiyan passed to see if I could find out how they had fared. I didn’t know whether I’d ever get an answer from Ron, and if so when it might be. I sure was glad to see his note come in this morning. I have posted it below so you can read it. Keep Ronnie and his family and the entire Philippines and its people in your prayers. Its not over yet, not by a long shot.


Hi Bill and all my FP1961 classmates,

It is by the grace of God that I live in a beautiful protected inlet called Subic Bay. With mountains on three sides of the bay we avoid most bad weather. All my family is well and did not even  loose electric power. Our thousands of neighbors south and north of us were not so lucky. At present, over 10,000 are dead and missing and that is just the city of Tacloban( wiped out).

My wife, Josie and I, thank you very much for your concern and your prayers and ask that you continue them for those less fortune. We have another storm approaching in the next 24-48 hours (same track as last one) and I don't know how much more those poor souls can take down in the southern islands.

Again, it is so beautiful to have all of your support and concern. God bless you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment